I am a mother of three. I have a senior, a sophomore, and a
fourth grader. I lost my husband October 24, 2015 -- all of a sudden, probably
the worst day of my life. My son was very distraught. My daughters were maintaining. Every day is a
day to day basis. How do we survive? How do we play out? My kids are very active -- my oldest plays
soccer; my son plays baseball; my youngest plays softball. I'm always on the
go. When he died, I was a preschool teacher that taught three year olds. I had
not worked for 10 months, but now I'm back in the grind. It feels good to be
back, working. But, it has been... a
challenge. I'm losing benefits starting the
day he passed away, but we have to keep moving forward. My senior is getting
ready to go to college, and she wants to go to South Alabama. And, my son, who is wanting to be like his
dad, wants to be an educator. Then, my
youngest is very, very active in sports -- softball, track, everything she can
put her hands on. She wants to do it all.
And me, as a mom, I have to maintain that.
So, I'm back in the workforce. I have to get back into the routine again
of doing everything all by myself, but it's great to just keep moving forward.
Only by the help and in the grace of God, I am where I am, and I'm doing what
I'm doing. Everybody asks me all the time, “how do you make it? how do you
maintain?” I can't give up on my kids.
They have to go; they have to get their education. They’ve got to move forward. And, that's just
me -- that's my personality. So, anybody who knows me, knows that I am very
positive, and I want to continue to be positive for my kids. This road is not
easy. It’s not easy raising three kids
by yourself. It’s not easy being a
single mom trying to maintain a house, two cars, work a job to make sure they
get back and forth. But, I am doing the best I can, and I thank God for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment