Mrs. Butero

I started working with kids with special needs, actually with adults with special needs, when I was a junior in high school … a long time ago.  Let’s see, that would have been 1980.  It was a service project.  I went to Catholic high school and had to do a service project.  So, I did that for a summer.  Then, in my senior year, I decided I wanted to be in education and special ed. was where I wanted to be.  I have been doing for … this is my 32nd year in the classroom, all in special education.  I don’t know about the specialness of the person teaching, but it takes a lot of endurance to be in this setting.  I just heard someone say they have been doing this for 25 years, and I have passed that mark.  I just don’t know how much longer my body is going to take it, and my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment