Mrs. Summers, Part 2 of 2

I go to two schools this year.  I don’t speak all of the languages the kids speak.  We start with a lot of pictures at first.  Then, I have materials that are in the different languages, but I don’t actually speak the different languages as the kids.  We use dictionaries and pictures and things like that to get started.  I have seen the audio devices that you stick into your ear and it translates for you.  Those are cool!  I do use the google translate app that’s kind of like that.  You can talk into it, and it will translate for you.  It’s kind of neat.  It doesn’t always do it correctly.  It works okay in Spanish.  I know enough Spanish to know that it works okay with that.  I find that after a while if I have kids that are speaking a different language in my classroom, though, I like the fact that I can figure out what they are saying.   I can speak back or answer them in English.  They think that’s really funny.  After I know them well, I can figure out what they are talking about.  I have two degrees and a certification – psychology to education.  I didn’t have a clue really of where to begin.  So, that’s where I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment